Thursday, July 24, 2008

Monkey Bay 2004 Chardonnay


This is a wine from New Zealand that I picked up from Pavilions for $8.99 (www.pavilions.com). Monkey Bay (www.monkeybaywine.com) has a much more recent 2006 vintage out that you should probably try instead of the 2004 vintage...here's why:


The nose on this was a very dusty/musty fruit aroma. I was a little hesitant but decided to go ahead and taste it (what the heck, I've already paid for it!) and the flavors were peaches and melons. It lacked any body and no substance to it at all. I think the 2004 is way past it's time to drink! I will definitely try to remember to look for the 2006 because I think that it would only be fair to try it as well. The 2004 is drinkable...but just barely. My recommendation would be to cook with this wine.

20andUnder Score: D

No comments: