Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Toasting with Mumm Napa NV Blanc de Noirs


My first review is also a toast to my decision to begin my blog! As Mumm Napa (http://www.mummnapa.com/) is one of my favorite wineries to visit on Silverado Trail I could not help but debut with the Blanc de Noirs (NV). This soft and encouraging pale salmon sparkling wine is perfect as a stand alone or stacked up against a nice spicey Thai dinner. On this momentous evening I chose to enjoy it with some asiago cheese and sourdough "baguette style" bread. Very simple and as always delicious! I immediately tasted black cherry and strawberry but without an overwhelmingly fruityness. The chardonnay definitely gives this wine it's backbone.

I picked up this bottle at my neighborhood Pavillion's for $14.98. A great bargain and also would make for an excellent gift.


Remember I rate my wines on the letter grading scale and give this a resounding: A-



No comments: